Hours of Operation
Regular Clinic Hours:
Monday to Friday 9:00 -5:00
Phones 8:30-12:30 /1:30-5:00
Walk-In Clinic Hours:
Phones are off on Saturdays
To participate in the creation of healthier lives within the community by providing assistance to the whole person in the spirit of equality serving all regardless of religion, age, colour, creed or gender. To improve the health of the people and the communities we serve by working as a team within our clinic and within our community. Our focus is on good health, positivity, compassion and prevention.
Although the name of Island Emerald Medical Centre is quite a new name in our community the clinic itself is not. There has been a medical clinic in this area for over 20 years. Originally the clinic was in the mall across the street, then in the building that is now a veterinarians office, and now it is located in the South Parkway Plaza and has been since 2007. It has evolved over time into what it is now as Island Emerald Medical Centre. This latest evolution has been molded into shape by a team led by Dr. Osas Igbinosa and his wife Dr. Christine Igbinosa.
About Island Emerald Medical Clinic
Appointments are designed to be 10-15 minutes in length and deal with 1 item. If you need more time please book another appointment rather than try to fit it in. This will help the doctors to stay on time and reduce wait times.
There are longer appointments available (20 minutes) for counselling in the following areas:
- Mental Health - Diet - Nutrition - Counselling - Sexual Health - Contraception and more...
Chronic Disease Appointments:
Your Doctor has 20-30 minute appointments available to discuss and review chronic diseases such as:
- Diabetes - Asthma - COPD - Heart Disease - Liver Issues - Kidney Issues - Mental Illness
When booking be sure to request a "Chronic Disease Appointment."
- Upon arriving at the clinic be sure to register with the receptionist to confirm that you are present.
- Please refrain from using perfumes, colognes or scented soaps prior to your visit as they may cause allergic reactions and or migraines.
- Please note most appointments are designed for 1 item ONLY.
- Prescriptions will NOT be filled or refilled over the phone or fax. Please book one week prior to your pills running out.
- Urine specimens will be collected for specific appointments such as Annual physicals, suspected urinary tract issues, and certain medications
- If you are unable to make your appointment please give us a call. Even if your appointment was supposed to start 5 min ago. Repeat NO SHOW appointments will result in a service charge of $30.00.
- When booking please tell the receptionist what the appointment is for. This helps book properly and helps keep the DOCTORS ON TIME !!
- When your Doctor is out of office, you may be able to receive care from one of the other Doctors in the Clinic.
- If you have a cough or flu like symptoms PLEASE put on a mask.
Clinic Fees Not Covered By MSP
Click on a logo below to be taken to the desired site: